With the Engel & Völkers Real Estate Search app, you can get instant access to luxury listings right in the palms of your hands. The app is designed so you can easily navigate through properties based on location, view property information like photos and square footage, save and organize listings you're interested in, and more.Learn More
Engel & Völkers' free mortgage calculator is a tool that allows buyers get a better picture of what to expect financially from each listing. Use this mortgage calculator to figure out monthly payments of a home mortgage loan based on the listing's sale price, the term of the loan, your down payment percentage, and the loan's interest rate.Go To Calculator
A lot goes into moving homes, and using a checklist to keep you on track of what needs to be done helps you stay organized throughout the entire process. The Engel & Völkers Savannah moving checklist provides you with a plan that includes all the necessary steps to take when moving. The checklist is full of little details that can easily be ignored or forgotten about during the chaos of moving.Download PDF Version
Two Months Before Moving
- Create a moving budget and stick to it.
- Research multiple moving companies until you find one with an estimate that fits your budget.
- Walk though your home and take inventory of items you are going to take with you. For all other items, start selling, donating, or planning a garage sale.
- Start gathering and labeling boxes. Create a schedule for when to pack each room.
Four Weeks Before Moving
- Obtain medical records, vet records, and school records and begin the transfer process for doctors, schools, and vets.
- Make any travel arrangements you may need.
- Speak with your utility company to cut the service the day after your move out date.
- Start packing items that you do not use every day like waffle irons, decorations, etc.
- Begin making any necessary repairs such as touching up the walls and fixing any electrical issues.
One to Two Weeks Before Moving
- Begin packing everyday items.
- Ensure the moving company has everything they need, including a plan of where to unpack your items in your new home.
- Fill out a change of address form at your post office and inform your bank, employer, friends, family, etc. of your new address.
- Collect all important documents such as passports and birth certificates and pack them in a safe box that will be kept with you through the move.
- Begin cleaning fireplaces, washing windows, clearing out pantries/refrigerators, scrubbing bathtubs and toilets, and cleaning all floors.
- Get rugs dry cleaned. When they are done, they will be wrapped up by the cleaners and ready for the move.
- Defrost your fridge at least 24 hours in advance to moving day.
- Get any prescriptions filled that you may need for the upcoming month.
- Make sure you have all toiletries and other everyday items, spare clothes, etc. in a personal suitcase and keep it with you during the move.
- Conduct a final walk-through in the home after the movers are done to make sure nothing gets left behind.
- Lock all windows, turn off all lights, and close all doors.
Homebuying 101 & Tips
Whether you're a new or experienced homebuyer, our Homebuying 101 list provides you with crucial tips and advice aimed to assist you throughout the entire process. This comprehensive list will help you from your initial search to closing in on a deal for your new Savannah home.Download PDF Version
- Check your credit score and start making improvements if necessary.
- Create a budget early on and stick to it. Don't forget to plan for maintenance costs and any surprise expenses.
- Decide how much you can put down on a home and start saving right away.
- Research different types of homes in regards to their square footage and amenities to get a good idea what homes can fit in your budget.
- Look into the different types of loans to figure out which one is best for you.
- Use our free mortgage calculator to calculate your monthly mortgage payments.
- Get preapproved for a mortgage.
- Decide what features are most important to you. Consider the school zones, floor plans, etc.
- Thoroughly explore the neighborhood to get a good idea of what life would be like in that area.
- Hire a home inspector so you can be sure the home is in its best condition.
- Negotiate and make an offer on a home.
- Make sure you have all necessary documents including W-2 forms, federal tax returns, pay stubs, and bank statements.
- Review all closing documents the day before you meet with the seller and have all questions ready for the seller.
Looking for more insight on the home buying experience? The videos below will give you a sound foundation in how to start the homebuying process, how to submit an offer, understanding a mortgage, and more.